Let’s talk about your explosion protection
We are your experts for holistic solutions including object fire protection from a single source – worldwide.
Your explosion protection specialists since 1999.
We work with you to develop cost-efficient, state-of-the-art solutions. You benefit from our decades of experience and our modern and efficient analysis tools as well as from our large network of experts.
State of the art – thanks to the FireEx seminars
We provide training to your employees in-house and at seminars. Beginners, specialists and also experts
FEx23 is organized by AIDIC, The Italian Association of Chemical Engineering, in collaboration with IND EX®. FEx23, the first edition of the International Conference on Fires and Explosion in the Process Industry, will provide a successful forum on fires and explosions, discussing about protection devices, risk management, theoretical frameworks, and novel findings. The conference provides a unique opportunity to share and gain experience on actual topics and current evolution in the framework of fires and explosions in the process industry, which are events that severely affect the safety of chemical, pharmaceutical, and food processes. Meeting and discussion among international scientists, engineers from both academia and industry will be facilitated to share new trends in research, methodologies and practical approach for the management of fire and explosion risk. Hopefully, this will be the beginning of a successful series of events, contributing to the consolidation of a safety culture aiming at a sustainable growth of the enterprise value based on the safeguard of the health of employees and population, the safety of operations and the protection of the environment.
- Keynote lecture: Half a century of explosion protection – half a century of “Nuremberg Days”
- Measurement and modeling of flame propagation from dust explosions in pipelines
- Applied science to increase efficiency and plant safety using the example of spray drying plants
- Crowdfunding goes explosion protection – cooperative purposeful research in times of empty coffers but open questions
- Experiences with e-learning in explosion protection
Lecturers from FireEx: Dr. Marc Scheid, Dr. Georg SuterInvitation / Program
Causes | Legal situation | practical examples Risk Analysis | Protective Measures | EKAS guideline | Ex-proof devices | Parameters | detection | Sources of ignition | grounding | warehousing | laboratory
Lecturer from FireEx: Dr. Georg SuterInvitation / Program
- Understand the safety problems linked to the use of powders (toxicity, chemical reactivity, risk for handlers).
- Understand the problems of reactivity and explosiveness of powders depending on the processes (grinding, mixing, separation and shaping of powders). Discover ATEX and static electricity.
- Identify means of prevention, methods and good actions to reduce and control the risks of exposure (mainly inhalation) for particles from 500µm to nanometer.
FireEx Speaker: Adrien BiselInvitation / Program